NEAR WACO, TEXAS
Photos, listings, illustrations or logos of any individual, group, organization, company or listing does not imply their sexual orientation. Furthermore, the businesses, organizations, services and information contained on this website are not necessarily endorsements of or recommendations by The Homestead at 3218.
RULES & REGULATIONS
The Homestead at 3218 is a gay/bisexual men's private members-only retreat which welcomes all open-minded males to enjoy themselves in our facilities without fear of judgment, intolerance or recrimination. Any type of discrimination will not be permitted against members during their stay here.
While we are a welcoming venue, we do ask that each member respects all other members while visiting with us. All legal activities are permitted. Illegal ones will not be tolerated - period.
In order for your visit to be enjoyable, as safe as possible and without incident, please review these current (but subject to change) Rules and Regulations in effect at The Homestead at 3218:
1. All indoor facilities are non-smoking; however, if smoking outdoors, please do not let your smoke bother other members. Dispose of lighted smoking materials responsibly, especially during designated burn ban periods.
2. We permit one dog weighing 25 lbs. or less to stay in either one of the first floor Pool House rooms as long as they're confined to rooms with a hard surface. We charge a $40 non-refundable deposit per stay. You're responsible for cleaning up after your pet - inside and outside - and your dog must be kept on a leash while outside. No pets are permitted inside the pool area. Of course, a properly-trained "service dog" is permitted at the retreat at all times as are non-violent breed pets traveling with campers and RVers as long as their owners follow the clean-up and leash requirements.
3. The retreat owners live on the property as well as raise cattle on its 187 acres so we ask you to respect the land - both inside the retreat boundaries and on that which surrounds it.
4. Do not disturb the peace. The use of personal electronic music devices with external speakers such as portable radios, boom boxes, iPads, etc. is prohibited. Devices with ear buds or headphones are fine.
5. Outdoor "Quiet Time" is from 11 PM to 8 AM daily (but may be altered during specially-designated Holiday and Special Events).
6. Respect members' personal space, privacy and property which includes never taking photos or videos of other members or the retreat as photography is prohibited on the property.
7. Drive slowly and carefully on the property (5 MPH speed limit) and park only in designated parking areas.
8. The retreat is clothing-optional only within the confines of the swimming pool area (bounded by a modesty fence) and in designated areas (but not all) of the Rec Center. In addition, you should wear some type of clothing or wrap and foot covering (shoes, boots, flip flops, etc.) when walking outside as we are in the country and there may be something under foot against which you want to protect yourself. At least a towel, swim suit, shorts, etc. covering yourself must be worn between the fenced pool area and the Rec Center, in the Rec Center reception room and outdoor areas of the retreat property.
9. A towel is required to sit on furniture everywhere on the property if you are otherwise nude or wearing a wet bathing suit.
10. Do not litter. Place cigarette butts and paper, plastic, metal trash and garbage in containers provided for this purpose.
11. Please don't pee in the swimming pool. Toilets are located inside the Rec Center as well as a more convenient one right in the adjacent Pool House enclosed lanai!
12. No glass containers of any kind are permitted for use anywhere on retreat property, especially around the pool, except for any provided inside each pool house room (where they must remain) and those utilized occasionally by retreat staff for serving purposes.
13. The retreat is a work-in-progress for your enjoyment so please don't remove, destroy, deface, mar or modify any plants, signs, facilities, lighting, etc.
14. Do not leave food garbage outside or intentionally feed the wild critters occasionally seen on the property.
15. Shower each time before entering the pool to remove soap, sunscreen, etc. to provide a cleaner environment for all members' enjoyment. Warm water showers are inside the Rec Center as well as a more convenient cold water shower mounted on the exterior wall of the Pool House enclosed porch.
16. If alcohol is served during your retreat stay, know your limitations and drink responsibly. You're welcome to bring your own alcoholic beverages (and coolers) until further notice. As a reminder, NO alcohol may be served to nor consumed by members under the legal Texas drinking age of 21 while on retreat property - sorry but no exceptions!
17. The use or possession of illegal substances or the use of firearms while on retreat property is strictly prohibited and could lead to your ejection from the retreat and loss of member status.
18. Enjoy the swimming pool at your own risk. There is no lifeguard on duty. Obey the posted rules and regulations for the safe use of this amenity.
19. The retreat and farm property on which it's located is itself surrounded by neighbors, many of whom have lived on their land for decades and use the area roads for both personal and business travel such as the slow movement of large pieces of farm equipment. So please respect them both on and off our property, especially when driving on area roads. Please obey the 45 MPH speed limit on Canaan Church Road.
20. Relax and have fun during your visit to The Homestead at 3218. This retreat was created for your enjoyment. Feedback is welcome as we plan the future development of this retreat.