NEAR WACO, TEXAS
Photos, listings, illustrations or logos of any individual, group, organization, company or listing does not imply their sexual orientation. Furthermore, the businesses, organizations, services and information contained on this website are not necessarily endorsements of or recommendations by The Homestead at 3218.
1. You're really a gay/bisexual retreat here in north central Texas near Waco? Yes, with just open-minded men as members and staff. The Homestead at 3218 is solely for your private use and enjoyment. You'll have complete freedom to enjoy the outdoor swimming pool and all the facilities inside and adjacent to the Rec Center. Private dressing rooms, bunk room beds, campground and overnight pool house suite accommodations are available for rental depending on availability. Occasionally there may be straight men and women vendors, suppliers and contractors on the property although we'll do our best to schedule them at times that are the least intrusive to your visit.
2. While the retreat is clothing-optional, certain areas are NOT such as the Rec Center reception area and all outdoor spaces outside the modesty fences! Members should bring clothing and shoes for all outdoor weather situations, especially during the cooler months (after all this IS Texas). Members are required to use a towel - one we provide or your own favorite - to sit on all indoor and outdoor furniture as a courtesy to other members. Furthermore, you must wear your towel, bathing suit, shorts, etc. to cover yourself when NOT in the permitted clothing-optional interior and exterior areas of the retreat.
3. The Homestead at 3218 requires all members to check-in at the Registration Desk in the reception area of the Rec Center and purchase/renew/verify your membership and pay the designated usage and/or accommodation fee prior to enjoying the retreat's facilities and amenities. You must fill out an onsite membership application form and present a valid government-issued photo ID, e.g., a current driver's license or passport, in order to purchase your initial membership and to renew it. No one under the age of 18 - the "age of majority" (or legal adult) in Texas plus one year - may become a member or visit the retreat. We retain the absolute right to not renew a membership or even cancel it, without any refund, for a member's willful violation of our Rules & Regulations. We take violations very seriously.
4. All members must sign a Release of Liability form with your membership (and renewal) application. While we don't expect you to experience any problems during your visit, accidents do happen. Your use of our facilities implies acceptance of our Release of Liability. We do not assume responsibility for nor provide any insurance protection for our members and their property, including motor vehicles, while on retreat property.
5. Facilities at The Homestead at 3218 include the outdoor seasonally-heated pool as well as the pool deck and grassy spaces surrounding it for sunbathing and friendly conversation - all within a modesty fence. You can relax in an outdoor hammock or one of the many pool lounge chairs. Inside the Rec Center try your skill with old or new friends at billiards or watch a game, concert or videos on our 70" flat screen TV. Warm up in the steam room. Sleeping accommodations (hostel room, bunk room and pool house suite) are all in climate-controlled buildings while our primitive outdoor camp site and RV/travel trailer full hook-up and primitive sites are other overnight accommodation options .
6. Our main restroom area is located inside the Rec Center and has hot showers, wash basins and toilet facilities. A second small restroom is located inside the enclosed pool porch (lanai) for pool users' convenience. A cold water shower is located on the exterior wall outside the lanai to cool off on hot days, wash off your feet or wash chemicals off your body prior to entering the pool. All restrooms have A/C or heat, as required. Please use the showers conservatively. As our toilets are on a septic system, please do not place any paper or other non-biodegradable items in them other than what we provide for your use.
7. If we've provided picnic tables and fire rings for your outdoor use, please do not relocate them to another area or make fires outside the designated fire rings. Camp fires are not permitted. The burning of any fires may be subject to periodic burn bans issued by McLennan County.
8. The gated-entrance to the retreat is closed each night Sunday-Thursday at 6 PM; each Friday & Saturday at 8 PM; and designated holiday nights at 10 PM; it reopens at 9 AM each morning. However, phone the reception desk at 254-486-0032 for emergency admittance between these gate-closed times. If you leave us during these gate-closed times, the gate opens automatically for departing vehicles but let us know if you're returning before 9 AM the following morning.
9. Parking spaces are limited and reserved for members' vehicles such as cars, pick-up trucks, SUVs and motorcycles. We cannot accommodate parking for large vehicles such as RVs, semis or vehicles towing trailers or boats (but we're working on a plan to do so). Vehicles are to be driven slowly and quietly while on retreat property.
10. You may want to bring insect repellent and sunscreen for outdoor activities (but wash it off before entering the pool). These products also are available for purchase in the Rec Center. Showers are available both inside the Rec Center (hot/cold) and next to the pool (cold).
11. Bring your favorite personal towel for showering and sunbathing as well as toiletries for showering. Pool-house suite-provided towels are for interior room use only.
12. You're welcome to bring your own snacks & drinks to enjoy during your stay (the closest gasoline/convenience store is 11 miles away in Crawford); however, you should bring your own cooler for drinks (we've no way to keep them cold for you) but all drink containers must be plastic or metal - no glass is permitted. There is a soft drink vending machine in the Rec Center where we also sell snacks, suntan lotion and bug spray. We provide free coffee every morning for Rec Center "overnighters". A cold water drink dispenser is in there, too.
13. Depending on the length of your stay, you may want to bring your own meds (we're unable to keep them cool for you) and personal medical supplies.
14. We offer a complimentary WiFi network that's as speedy as we can get here in the country and it's accessible in most retreat areas.
15. We are a non-smoking venue. Since our buildings are wooden and have no sprinkler systems, our insurance company requires us to prohibit smoking in all indoor areas including all sleeping quarters. Smoking IS permitted in all outdoor areas but we request your smoking not disturb other retreat members.
16. Fireworks, concealed or open-carry firearms, toxic or hazardous chemicals, public intoxication and illegal substances are prohibited.
17. There is a zero-tolerance policy for any type of physical violence and verbal abuse and/or illegal substances are prohibited.
18. Solicitation of retreat members by vendors and suppliers for services and products while members are on retreat property is prohibited.
19. Picking, cutting and removal of plants is prohibited.
20. Feeding of any animals encountered on the property is prohibited.
21. See our Rules & Regulations page for our policy on pets.